Choosing the right food for a kids party is a big challenge for a party organiser, as they need to balance between providing a large range of options but still making it fun and inviting enough so that the kids feel included. In the past, children were discouraged from attending parties, but these days most children are invited to attend, along with their parents.
Therefore, it’s the responsibility of the party coordinator to choose an appropriate menu that is suitable for children’s parties. Anxiety should be minimized by staying within budget and ensuring that the food is healthy enough for children.
Let’s see some of the healthy kids’ party food ideas that you can consider.
Fruit Wands for Kids
One of the favourite items of kids is fruit wands.
- One-half watermelon, peel of the melon, cut it into one cm pieces of slices.
- Honeydew melon One-half, peel the melon of and cut pieces of one cm each.
- One-half seeded rockmelon, peel of, and take out slices of one cm.
- With the help of a shaper (flower, star, and heart shape), cut the slices of melon.
- Repeat the same for the honeydew melon and rockmelon.
Fairy Bread as kids’ recipe
Fairy bread is one of the healthy party foods for kids.
- 450grams of unfilled sponge slabs of bread.
- 450grams of icing sugar.
- 50grams of butter.
- 125ml of hot water.
- 1Tsp vanilla extract.
- Whipped cream.
- 100’s and 1000’s
- Remove the brown part of sponge bread.
- Remove the brown part of the sponge bread.
- Cut the bread into cubes.
- Cut the cubical-shaped bread horizontally from the center.
- To form the bread into a cube again, apply whipped cream and then paste the bread together.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Make sure to toss the cubical-shaped pieces of bread into the batter before baking.Sprinkle 100’s and 1000’s over the bread tossed in the batter.
- Again, refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Nut-free Bliss Balls made of Chocolate Crackles
Kids love nut-free bliss balls. One of the best healthy kids’ party foods is bliss balls made of chocolate crackles.
- Puffed rice (2 cups)
- Desiccated Coconuts (one-half cup)
- Cocoa powder (2 tbsp)
- Finely chopped cranberries dried in cup (one-fourth cup)
- Use hulled tahini (one-half cup)
- Maple syrup (one-fourth cup)
- Vanilla extract(1tsp)
- Stir all the ingredients in a big bowl
- Mix all the ingredients properly
- Make balls out of the mixed ingredients.
- Refrigerate for almost 20 minutes.
Honey Joys as an item for kids
Kids Party Food
Honey joys are not only kids’ favourite it is liked by others too. One of the healthy party foods for kids is honey joy. Let us see the recipe of honey joy selected as kids’ party food.
- Cornflakes four and a half cups.
- Chopped salted butter(120gm)
- Honey one and a half tbsp
- Caste Sugar one-third cup.
- Heat the oven from beforehand to 180 degrees Celsius. Place 12 holes, one-third capacity of muffin pan along with paper cases.
- In a heatproof bowl, put the cornflakes.
- In a saucepan mix butter, honey, and sugar over medium heat and cook until the butter melts.
- Prepare a smooth mixture of butter, honey, and sugar.
- Add cornflakes to the mixture and mix it well.
- Put the mixture in paper cases.
- Keep baking for 10 minutes such that golden brown color appears.
- Cool the preparation completely.
Healthy party food for 5-year-olds
As your child is gradually growing up, their food habits also change. Kids start experimenting with foods that are meant for grown-ups. It is thus necessary to keep in mind that you arrange healthy party food for 5-year-olds on any occasion where there are children present, as the child’s preferences might differ from the adults’.
There are many different types of sandwiches that can be served at a kids’ party for food, but there are some that are more popular than others. Ham sandwiches, chicken sandwiches, cheese sandwiches, and veggie slices are all common choices. Adding a vegetable salad to the mix will usually result in a more enjoyable meal for 5-year-old children.
One of the tasty food items is chicken nuggets. They are loved by people of all ages, starting from five years old and up. The recipe for chicken nuggets is very simple, anyone can make it.
French fries made up of potatoes are also high on the favorite list of children from the age of 5. They are crispy and tasty and they can be enjoyed by people of any age – not only children but adults as well.
We all know that a pizza is a staple of modern party food. Everyone loves a good slice of pizza. Pizza pinwheels are made up by rolling the pizza and cutting it into slices. Just cut the peeled slices, and then you can bake them in the microwave for about 3 minutes. Serve these hot and everyone will love this new recipe!
One can try a homemade chocolate biscuit. Chocolate biscuits are one of the healthy party food for five year old. Even kids less than five years of age love chocolate biscuits. Try the above kids’ food items. Kids will amazingly love your party with healthy kid’s party foods
When preparing for children, they must be healthy and safe – the first step is to maintain proper hygiene. In this way, there will be less of a chance of adding too many spices which could harm their health. As well as using as little oil as possible.
Healthy food for kids includes protein from chicken, fish, eggs, tofu, nuts, etc.
Children who do not eat enough protein are more likely to become anaemic, have low muscle mass, and have lower body weight. Protein is important for growth and development.
The food web for kids is nothing but a combined form of the food chain that leads to the formation of the food web. The image below shows how any individual in this chain can interact with other organisms in different ways. For kids to easily understand the food web see the image below