Choosing the best kids party food is a big challenge for party organisers. Attending and doing a party is common nowadays. In the earlier times, kids were discouraged to attend parties. But today most kids attend parties along with their parents. So, it is the responsibility of the party coordinator to choose a menu suitable for kids party food. Before proceeding, one must also keep in mind that the preparation must be within budget and the food is healthy enough for a kid.
Let us see some of the healthy kids’ party food ideas that you can consider.
Fruit Wands for Kids
One of the favourite items of kids is fruit wands.
- One-half watermelon, peel of the melon, cut it into one cm pieces of slices.
- Honeydew melon One-half, peel the melon of and cut pieces of one cm each.
- One-half seeded rockmelon, peel of, and take out slices of one cm.
- With the help of a shaper (flower, star, and heart shape), cut the slices of melon.
- Repeat the same for the honeydew melon and rockmelon.
Fairy Bread as kids’ recipe
Fairy bread is one of the healthy party foods for kids.
- 450grams of unfilled sponge slabs of bread.
- 450grams of icing sugar.
- 50grams of butter.
- 125ml of hot water.
- 1Tsp vanilla extract.
- Whipped cream.
- 100’s and 1000’s
- Remove the brown part of sponge bread.
- Cut the bread into cubical shapes.
- Mix the above ingredients thoroughly with hot water to form a batter.
- Cut the cubical-shaped bread horizontally from the center.
- Apply whipped cream and paste the bread together to make a cubical shape again.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Toss the cubical-shaped pieces of bread into the batter.
- Sprinkle 100’s and 1000’s over the bread tossed in the batter.
- Again, refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Nut-free Bliss Balls made of Chocolate Crackles
Kids love nut-free bliss balls. One of the best healthy kids’ party foods is bliss balls made of chocolate crackles.
- Puffed rice (2 cups)
- Desiccated Coconuts (one-half cup)
- Cocoa powder (2 tbsp)
- Finely chopped cranberries dried in cup (one-fourth cup)
- Use hulled tahini (one-half cup)
- Maple syrup (one-fourth cup)
- Vanilla extract(1tsp)
- Stir all the ingredients in a big bowl
- Mix all the ingredients properly
- Make balls out of the mixed ingredients.
- Refrigerate for almost 20 minutes.
Honey Joys as an item for kids
Kids Party Food
Honey joys are not only kids’ favourite it is liked by others too. One of the healthy party foods for kids is honey joy. Let us see the recipe of honey joy selected as kids’ party food.
- Cornflakes four and a half cups.
- Chopped salted butter(120gm)
- Honey one and a half tbsp
- Caste Sugar one-third cup.
- Heat the oven from beforehand to 180 degrees Celsius. Place 12 holes, one-third capacity of muffin pan along with paper cases.
- In a heatproof bowl, put the cornflakes.
- In a saucepan mix butter, honey, and sugar over medium heat and cook until the butter melts.
- Prepare a smooth mixture of butter, honey, and sugar.
- Add cornflakes to the mixture and mix it well.
- Put the mixture in paper cases.
- Keep baking for 10 minutes such that golden brown color appears.
- Cool the preparation completely.
Healthy party food for 5-year-olds
As your kid is gradually growing up, his food habit also changes. Kids try to eat foods that are made for adults. It is thus necessary to keep in mind that you arrange healthy party food for 5-year-olds on any occasion where there is an involvement of kids.
There are multiple choices of sandwiches that one can try as kids’ party food. Some of them are ham sandwiches, chicken sandwiches, cheese sandwiches, etc. Serve the sandwich with vegetable salad. 5-year-old kids love the combination of sandwiches.
One of the delicious food items is nuggets. Everyone starting from five years of age up to any age love chicken nuggets. The recipe for chicken nuggets is simple. Everyone can make chicken nuggets.
Fries made up of potatoes are also on the favorite list of children from the age of 5. They are crispy and are very much tasty. Not only children but also adults like crispy fries
We all know pizza as a portion of modern party food. Every child loves pizza. Pizza pinwheels are made up of rolling the pizza and cutting it into slices. After taking out the pizza slices, it is baked in the microwave oven for a few minutes. Serve hot everyone will love the new recipe.
One can try a homemade chocolate biscuit. Chocolate biscuits are one of the healthy party food for five year old. Even kids less than five years of age love chocolate biscuits.
Try the above kids’ food items. Kids will amazingly love your party with healthy kid’s party foods.
To make healthy foods for kids, first of all, maintain proper hygiene. Use fewer spices that can harm children’s health. Try to use minimum oil.
Healthy food for kids includes protein from chicken, fish, eggs, tofu, nuts, etc.
The Food web for Kids is nothing but a combination of the food chain, that results in the formation of the food web. For kids to easily understand the food web see the image below